BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

How to Stop Panic Attacks - How to Prevent Anxiety and Panic Attacks by Relaxation Methods


By Laura J.

Panic attacks are one of the most frightening problems you can have. I know it personally - the most frightening aspect of such episodes is that they might come at any moment: When I was calmly watching TV, when I was driving, when I was talking to friends on the phone... Suddenly my heart began racing, my chest was tightened, and I was disconnected from the world. And this could happen at any moment.

Or so would it seem. Recent researches have shown definitely that all panic attacks have certain triggers. So detecting those triggers are the key on how to stop panic attacks. And it is how I treated my own anxiety disorder.

Whenever you feel stressed for whatever reason, this relaxation exercise will relieve you.

Lie down on your back (or a good chair if you can't lie down). Close your eyes for a small while. Concentrate on your muscle groups. But first, concentrate on your breathing. Calm down, and breathe slowly. It is an important point to note that with every breath you give out, you utter the words such as "calm, peace, relax". Then go with the muscle exercises:

Hands: Clench your right arm tensely, so tense that you can feel the muscles in your forearm tense. Continue clenching for five seconds, and then relax as you breathe out. Do this for the other hand too.

Arms: Bend your elbow and tense all your muscles in your arm. Just like in the hand method, leave it tense for a few seconds before you relax.

Stomach: Do the same for the stomach. Tense the muscles on your stomach for a few seconds as tight as possible, and then relax them.

Scientific research proves that there underlying triggers to panic attacks - and you can stop panic attacks by conditioning your mind hours before it actually occurs. This is called the "one move technique" and is how I stopped my panic attacks.

Visit my site for more information about how I achieved this, and my story of how this changed my life. If you have an anxiety problem of any kind, I strongly urge you to click here now!

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Laura_J.

0 comments: